Monday, August 4, 2008

I Love This Town!


New York City.

The Knitting Factory.

Saturday night.

Main Stage.

It really doesn't get much better than this.

We've truly come clear across the country. LA to NYC. Hollywood to The Big Apple. West coast to East coast. It can be easy to lose sight of just how huge of a milestone this really is when you're so busy traveling from city to city, town to town, venue to venue, Subway to Subway for weeks on end. But, this really is something big. A moment that when you look back upon you'll see how so many things changed from that point on. Having never once played one show in NYC, with no opening act to bring in a crowd, and through amazing word-of-mouth, AMP rocked the house to a huge group of fans - most of whom knew all the lyrics to every single song.

We also came to a sad realization that we only have five more shows on this tour with Josephine Collective. It became the first time that really signaled the end to Robot Roadkill 2008 and all of us felt a pang of sadness for the first time. It's not even over yet but I know that I will miss it all as soon as we get back. Once you get settled into the routine of touring - the engineering feat of loading and unloading the entire trailer at every venue, setting up the merch booth and somehow getting the one working lamp to light up, getting a quick look at the neighborhood, the show itself, and everything in between - and seeing the same people every moment of every day, it just consumes you. It becomes your entire life. You no longer think of time as sectioned off into days and hours so much as cities and highway mile markers and exit signs. Of bathroom breaks and gas fill-ups and Green Teas. The thought of all of that ending soon and needing to readjust to a normal life seems almost daunting. But as all things come to an end, so must this tour. And we're all so much the wiser for it.


We love New York and we can't wait to come back. Here's to the last 2 weeks of tour:




P.S. Check back VERY SOON for the Lansing show footage. You won't be disappointed. Also - thanks to all the well-wishes and home remedies everyone gave us for our affliction with the black death. I can't say that everyone is yet healed; however, we've all taken a turn for the better (for the most part) and I think we're going to survive this bout of plague after all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I seriously wish there was a way to download this video. It was the best concert of my life, hands down. You guys are all amazingly talented musicians who put on an awesome show, not to mention that you're some of the nicest, friendliest people I've ever met. I'm so glad I get to come out to one more show tomorrow before it's over. It's sad that the tour is almost done, but it's great that you guys have enjoyed it- that means you're more likely to do it again! In the mean time, me and the other crazy fans out there will work on spreading the word, so the next tour will be even better for you.

See you in Hoboken!
-Becca :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you guys come back to NYC soon! You were really great, too bad in the video I can definitely hear myself screaming obnoxiously. And I think that's my head in the bottom left corner sometimes...

Anonymous said...

Kickass show.

Nice to see TJ and Danny's smiling faces for once... do those two hide from the camera???

Elizabeth said...

Wow ... this is amazing that you taped the whole set! I really wish that I could have come to more shows on this tour - but hopefully you guys will be back to the midwest soon.